Thursday 28 August 2014

Parking the fat bike in Ottawa

Parking this bike with it's 26"x4" wheels is a little more challenging then one might expect.  I don't fit in most of those pre-defined sized bike tire racks that have been around since I was a kid.

The best I can do is, hope that someone didn't park on the ends and lock my bike up to that.  Fat bikes aren't for everyone, that's for sure.  I'm debating about when I get my next set of rubber, that I go with a 26"x3.5".

I'm almost positive that when I parked on the end, once at work.  Someone thought I was just being a jerk and let out the air in my rear tire.  Jerks.  I pumped up the tire (arm is still sore two days later) and I haven't had any issues with it.

Lessons Learned:

  • Be mindful where you park.

1 comment:

  1. Those racks are useless. Parked at one with my hybrid and my wheel wouldn't fit through! Ended up parking at the end.

    Heh, I think if I had big tires like that I'd just opt for a co2 style "pump."

    ReplyDelete